Friday, September 14, 2007

Aunt Kelly and Uncle Tom

Tom, my sister Kelly's husband, flew out to Dallas for a short 12 hour visit last night. We were all so happy to see family. He is our first official family visitor. (Mark's parents helped us drive out here when we moved and they saw our house, but our truck load of things hadn't even arrived yet, so none of our things were in the house. Then they had to leave right away to catch a flight back to Utah.) Even though Tom's was a short stay, we were so glad he was able to spend some time here! The boys absolutely LOVE him! He taught them all sorts of things he shouldn't have...like how to grab 20 mints on the way INTO the restaurant just so you can grab MORE on your way OUT! And how to throw things over our balcony hallway to the open living room below. He even challenged Caden at one point to climb across the top of our double mantel fireplace...keep in mind that is about 15 feet off the ground! Ha, ha, ha! Of course it didn't happen...but all a young boy needs is to have ideas like that planted in their heads...especially Jackson. That kid thinks he's invincible! Yes, my boys loved him, cause they got away with things they never would have gotten away with otherwise. I told Tom that I was almost relieved that it was only going to be 12 hours that he would be influencing my usually mild mannered children. I was joking of course, I hope you know that, Tom! We really enjoyed having you here.

Then of course there is Kelly. Beautiful, sweet, wonderful, thoughtful Kelly. Who wouldn't let Tom leave without gifts for my kids. They are awesome! Everyone of them was a hit with my boys and they were very happy and grateful to receive them. Thanks, Kelly! You are an incredible sister to me and and awesome "Auntie" to my boys!
Hopefully, Kelly's entire family can come for a visit some time soon. We'd love to have you here!

Jackson LOVED his "Toy Story" and "Monster's Inc." cars. He carried them around for the rest of the night!

Jace slept with his Pokemon cards under his pillow.
He was so happy that Aunt Kelly got them for him.

Caden, Uncle Tom and Jace proudly displaying Caden's new Yugi-Oh cards!


Jace and Uncle Tom


Jackson laughed at Tom all night. "He's silly, Mommy!" he kept telling me.

No comments: