Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday J-K-son!!

Jackson LOVES frogs. And why not? They're green and slimy and bumpy, they eat live worms...need I go on? They are his favorite and he's got 5 plush frogs in his room to prove it. They all have names: Pinocchio, Parrot, Froggy, Jackson Frogger Gertge and Taylor (named after his favorite person in the world!!!) So, for his birthday he got a real frog. Here is the newest addition to our constantly growing family!

Hopper Stickyman Gertge
(Yes, these are all names that my dear 5 year old comes up with by himself!)

Singing "Happy Birthday to You!!" For the boys it was love at first sight!!

For Mark, not so much! He was just as surprised as Jackson!
"He's got bumps!!"Here was Jackson's reaction when we told him he had to
feed him live worms everyday. It was hilarious!!
He loves Hopper and helps me feed him every day. He's still a little scared to hold him because Hopper is so wiggly, but I found out that Fire Belly Frogs live for 5-7 years, so I'm sure the day will come that I have to chase a frog around my house. For now, though, he is safe in his little glass home. And I can sleep at night!

3 comments:

lesa said...

Hi Kristie, it is good to see you and your grown up family.

It has been awhile, but Chad was always impressed with your husband when he was in 11-year old scouts.

Hope all is well.

Lesa

Marva said...

That is probably every boys dream gift.How fun!!!

Alyssa said...

hi Kristie. its me. i love you all and i miss you guys a lot. i hope you can make it up to graduation. tell the boys i love them (even Blake) and tell Mark i said hi. You can tell Mark that i love him as well.