Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Then And Now....

Tara and I met in the 10th grade when I was 15 years old. (That was 20 years ago!!!!) Her family moved into our ward and we quickly became inseparable. We did everything together. I taught her how to drive a manual transmission in my little Mazda 323. Believe me, looking back, that is a scary thought! Disneyland, girls camp, youth conference, shopping, toilet papering teachers houses, just hanging out! We had so much fun!! My family moved away a few years later and she went to live with her mom in Newport Beach. Even living so far apart, we still found ways to get together and we would see each other quite regularly. She always had the funnest beach parties to go to!!! Over the years we had kept in contact, but then life just got in the way. I went on my mission and afterwards moved to Utah. After Mark and I got married, Tara and I lost contact for several years. While we were living in Texas she found me again and we’ve had so much fun catching up!

Last week, Mark finally got to meet her! Tara and her husband and kids were vacationing in Utah for a week so of course we had to get together. We drove to Park City to see them. We let the kids run and play while we made dinner and then sat and talked and took lots of pictures! It was so fun to see her after so many years!! I think it had been like 10 years since I’d last seen her. It was before Mark and I got married and we are celebrating our 9th anniversary this month. It was probably right after I came home from my mission. Wow, time certainly flies! Anyhow, it was so fun to see her and just catch up! Today I had to go digging through all our old pictures and oh, the memories came flooding back! We had way too much fun together!!! I wanted to post some pictures we’d taken over the years! And then some from Park City last week.

Then....






And now....




2 comments:

Tara said...

My computer is acting up so I can't see the pictures :( I will have to wait until I get home. I am so sad that I can't see them RIGHT NOW>>>>>>

Tara said...

I'm going to kill you. I can't believe you put my senior picture on here! Look how skinny I was! I thought I was a total heifer then. Dang. I would kill to look like that now...Good job with the candid shots, Mark. It was so good to see you. It better not be another 10 years.