Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's Official...

We are heading home! Mark accepted one of his job offers and he actually starts work on Monday. He is on his way out there right now. I finally told my daycare parents this week. I have to give them four weeks notice so they could find other child care, but we didn't know until this past week for sure what we were going to do. We are still not positive, but at least we have a better idea. I have a friend that I grew up with in California who is now living in Arizona who's husband is being transferred out here. They came out this past weekend to go house hunting and they LOVED our house! So, as of now, the plan is for them to just buy our house. So nice for us because we don't have to worry about sticking around out here and trying to sell our house and our family won't be separated any longer than it has to be! So nice for them, because they don't have to stress out about finding a house while living in another state and they can buy our house at a lower cost (no realtor fees)! PLUS, she is wanting to do daycare, and since when we move I am going to be a stay at home mom and no longer do daycare or pre-school, I am just leaving her all of my daycare stuff! Including (hopefully) some of my kids! There are a couple of parents who are really interested in using her (she comes with a GREAT referrence!). We are hoping that it will all work out! It sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?!!

So, our tentative buyers want to be here April 1st and that gives us 7 whole weeks to get packed up and moved. We were actaully thinking about moving during Spring Break, but we'll see. I told my daycare parents that my last day of care would be March 14th (see, I gave them 5 weeks). If for some freak reason this sale falls through, then I will put the house up for sale at that point and we will probably just plan to be out here until the end of the school year. It will be hard on our family to be apart, but it will be good for the boys to finish up the school year with all of their friends. Obviously, we are hoping that everything goes smoothly and we can leave during Spring Break, but there won't be any hard feelings if it doesn't work out that way. The orginal plan was to wait until the middle of March to close my daycare and put the house on the market. So if it turns out that that is what we have to do, then so be it. We are in a great area, great schools, perfect location. Houses in our neighborhood have been selling within two weeks lately, so we are confident that it will sell really fast.

For now though, we are planning on leaving by the 29th of March. The countdown has begun! 49 days left in Texas. I've already started making a list of things we have to do either again or for the first time before we leave because I know that it will be a very long time before we are back here.

Well Caden, Jace, Jackson and I better get to work on that list. We have lot's of things to cross off!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Yay! So excited to have you all closer. Well. Somewhat closer!