Monday, May 5, 2008

BLAST FROM THE PAST!!

So we are loving our new ward and our new neighbors. We are getting to know all the people on the circle here and they are all great! Our dear friends from across the street have a little boy that got baptized Saturday morning, so of course we went to see him on his special day. As we were leaving the church building after the baptism, someone was holding the door open for me since I had my arms full of kids. I glanced up to thank him and immediate recognition hit both of us! "Kristie?" I wanted to make sure I had the right name so I asked him and he told me it was John. I said his last name and he nodded and hugged me. We walked outside and he said something about knowing me as my maiden name. Mark walked up right at that moment and said, "You must know each other from the mission." John and I smiled and I looked at Mark and then back at John. "Not exactly...we used to date." It was hilarious! We dated for a while when I lived in California. After his mission and before mine. We chatted for a few minutes and I asked where he was living. He said just a few streets away. I told him we had just moved back to Utah from Texas and mentioned the ward we were in now. He just laughed! WE ARE IN THE SAME WARD!!! I love it! I introduced him to my cute hubby and three kids. He introduced me to his cute wife and six kids. We had to leave because we were heading up to Layton just then for a birthday celebration, but I seriously can't wait to talk to him again! He was such a good friend and what a great guy! Too funny! What are the chances of that? Seriously?!!!

No comments: