Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We love the Walls!

So there's this family back in Texas. They're pretty cool... Gary & Karen, and their girls (& significant others): Jennifer & Justin and Lauren & Matt. Mark worked with Gary and that's how we got to know them. Being so far away from family, they quickly became family to us. My kids love them so much, we all do! We painted together (our media room and their spare bedroom), vacationed together (Playa del Carmen and fishing at the lake house), made home improvements together (bead board under our kitchen counter and staining their deck), ate at Chili's (a lot!!) and just spent time together. Karen (the quilter extraordinaire) even attempted to teach me how to quilt! They spent birthdays with us and holidays too. And brought the most thoughtful and fun gifts. They are the best! They even had the best crushed ice at their house! My kids were able to enjoy their pets - Scout, Diesel and Max (because we'll for sure never own a cat and probably never own a dog!!) We were supposed to stay with them the last night that we were in Texas. That didn't work out quite the way it was supposed to, so they drove the hour out to our house to spend our last evening. They became very close friends in a very short amount of time. I hope they realize how special they really are to us.








We miss them so much and hope to be able to spend time with them again in the near future! We love you guys!! You need to move to Utah!! You'll LOVE it here!! Okay, maybe that is a little extreme...but at least come visit! We miss you! Jennifer and Lauren, I'm talking to you too!!!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh that is so nice of you guys. We really so miss you guys a lot – our weekends are empty without you. Had a nice visit with Mark yesterday. Hopefully we can make it to Utah this summer to see you all.
Take care
Love you all
Gary

Kristie said...

That is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes. We miss you guys too!! I am carpooling with Gary now to save gas, so I'm at work at 7 am and have about a 45 minute wait after work for him to pick me up, so I've taken up teaching myself handpiecing a quilt together. Whenever I work on a quilt, I think of you, and wish we had more time for me to help you make a big quilt. You take care of yourself and tell the boys hi!!
Love you guys,
Karen