Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thank You, Petrina!!!

So there's this family back in Texas. They're pretty cool. I remember meeting Petrina on our first day in the ward in Texas. (Mark and I went ward shopping before we bought our house out there). She drilled me about where I grew up and told me how I looked so familiar. We didn't know each other, but I'll certainly never forget that conversation. She even e-mailed me a couple of times to see if we'd bought a house yet, and how the move was going. We were both pretty excited that we ended up buying a house in that ward, our kids were going to go to school together. I was lucky enough to be able to serve with Trina in the scouting program in our ward. But, even if we hadn't served together, I know we would have become great friends.

Our kids played together often, (Jackson idolized her boys) and whenever our hubbys were away on trips or working late, we would meet for crazy dinner dates with six rambunctious boys! I have to say, Jason's Deli became a favorite! Planing birthday parties, Amazing Race Parties, BYU games, Superbowl Parties...just having family dinner's together. I truly miss having fun and spending time with her and her family.

She is the type of person you can always count on, a true friend. When I was getting ready for the move, she was really busy and couldn't actually help me pack, but she did more for me than anyone else. She took my kids so that I could get things done, she picked them up from school. She made time in her (VERY) busy life to help me out. I had several friends come and help me pack a little here and a little there, but to Petrina I am most grateful.

Mark had come home that last week to help with last minute things and to drive with us back to Utah. The plan was to finish everything up on Thursday, have the truck completely loaded. Friday we were sending the kids for their last day of school and doing last minute clean up. When the kids got home on Friday we were taking off. It SO didn't work out that way. We got most of the stuff loaded into the truck on Thursday night. We planned on getting a hotel that night since our bedding was in the back of a truck, but Petrina wouldn't hear of it. She insisted that we stay at her house that night, she had plenty of room. We had several from the Elders Quorum come and help. But we have so much stuff that we still had lots of little things to load when we finally sent everyone home. So that meant on Friday instead of cleaning, Mark and I were still loading the truck. To make matters worse, they were supposed to come and pick up the truck at noon but they didn't show up until about 7:30 pm. Ugh!

Long story short, we didn't end up leaving until Saturday around noon. Petrina kept our kids Wednesday night, Thursday night, I picked them up from their last day of school on Friday and took them to Petrina's house again. So to my kids, it was just a great big party! They had a blast those last few days in Texas. They still talk about the big party at Petrina's. She insisted once again that we stay at her house on Friday night...and the by the way, the bed in her spare bedroom is SOOOO comfortable!!! I would stay with her ANYTIME! Then her family sent us off on Saturday with goody bags for each of the kids and treats for Mark and I. She was an angel and truly heaven sent! I know we wouldn't have gotten out of there til Monday if she hadn't helped the way she did. So THANK YOU, my dear friend!

Party at Petrina's!



Saturday Morning - Driving Day.
I cried (like a little girl) as we drove away!

She called yesterday and I got to chat with her for a few minutes. I miss her, but she is going to be here for a month this summer. I can't wait! Part of the reason she called though, was to check if I had arranged to get the boys spring school pictures from the school. Of course with everything else going on, I forgot, so she is ONCE AGAIN taking care of things. She is amazing! I hope every one has a friend like that. It makes life so much easier!!

2 comments:

Rainie said...

Kristie, you are such a blogger. Now I'll always have your address. Was I supposed to feel like a lame friend reading this post? I always thought I was your favorite! I'm going to give Petrina a snarl face next time I see her.

Kristie said...

You so made me CRY! I miss my friend. You are so sweet. I love ya girlfriend and we will have a blast when we get together this summer. I LOVE the pictures of the boys. They were all so happy together and there was no fighting...which made it that much easier.
Talk to you soon.
Love, Trina